Local Farmer's Healthfood Markets
April 09, 2019
Have you ever heard the saying, you are what you eat? Yeah…most of the time I’m fruity with a side of veggie and a dash of peanut dark chocolate M&M’s… be still my heart! Oh yes, and don’t forget the beef! That’s how you know you’re a born and raised Texan! When shopping for food, it’s great that we have Kroger right.in.our.backyard. However sometimes it’s fun to explore some of the wonderful health food markets that are nearby. That’s what I want to share with you today. There are endless options to get fresh local produce all within close proximity of Grand Central Park. Check out these great finds:
- The Granary - located on the other side of 336 (next to the old Kroger location….right across the street). Not only do they have a wide variety of vitamins and supplements, but they even have gluten free and vegan items. They recently moved down 2 doors to a bigger space. Every time I’ve gone in there, the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful.
- Calico Fresh Market - They offer fresh cow’s milk, cheese, meat, honey and eggs. It’s a family owned market and they are located on I-45 just North of GCP.
- The Woodlands Farmers Market at Grogan’s Mill - You have to go at least once (not that once will be enough). There are so many vendors that range from organic produce, dog treats, gourmet coffee, honey, soaps just to name a few. The hours are 8am-12pm Saturday’s. They even have food trucks from time to time.
- Isaac Conroe Farmer’s Market - Takes place the first Thursday of each month and they have several booths ranging from fresh fruits and vegetables, local honey, fresh sauces and salsa, tamales, handcrafted / homemade artisan decor / jewelry, homemade snacks/ desserts/ cuisine and more. The hours are 4:00 - 8:00 pm.
- Blue Jug Alkaline Water and Health Market - Located on 1488 West close to Kuykendahl. If you’re new to the world of alkaline water, stop what you are doing and go to google and look up the many benefits! Here’s a teaser - anti-aging and natural cleanser!!! Yes!! You’ve got to visit KayLynn for some great tasting and healthy water.
Of course there are many other health food markets that I have not mentioned. The above list is a great start if you’re looking for some local food and or treats!