Top 10 Reasons We Moved Here
April 16, 2019
Lee and I knew that we were making a good decision when we chose to move to Grand Central Park in December of 2017. Our story doesn’t start there though! We love being in the outdoors, convenience (location) and amenities. That’s why we lived in The Woodlands. WE LOVE THE WOODLANDS! After all, that is where Lee and I met. However, we wanted to slow down just a tiny bit so we moved to Conroe. But where we chose to live initially was a little too far off the beaten path so we looked at Grand Central Park. Below are my top 10 reasons why we love living here and why one might be interested in attending the Johnson Development Houston’s Largest Home Tour that’s currently taking place this month. Are you ready? Let’s do this!
- The Builders - Lee and I have a favorite builder, and won’t tell you which one it is, but all of them are top-notch. All that to say, you are certain to find one that you love too!
- Schools - Conroe ISD is a top ranking school district in the state of Texas. There are also several nearby private schools to choose from.
- Location, location, location! 5 miles North of The Woodlands along I-45 and S. Loop 336. It doesn’t get any more convenient than that!
- 336 Marketplace - Home of Kroger Marketplace, HomeGoods, Michaels, Ross, Marshall’s, TORCHY TACOS, Chic-Fil-A, Whataburger and WASABI BISTRO! They have the BEST lo mein!
- Amenities - The Lake House, a 13-acre amenity complex, including a resort-style pool, fitness center, yoga & event lawn, playground and large pavilion. We need not go far to find an oasis! It will all be in our backyard soon. Can you say, yes, please!!!
- More amenities - Mystic Pond with a fire pit & gazebo; Twilight Park with a playground, fitness trail and fitness stations. Be still my heart - did someone say fitness anything. That’s my love language, right there!
- Johnson Development, the brand - They are the past recipient of the Grand Award for Developer of the Year by the Greater Houston Builder’s Association. They give back to the Community and they have been developing for over 40 years! Can you say, wow? Their reputation says it all!
- Dog lovers delight - Trillium Park and Frisky Biscuit dog park for our 4-legged friends. I’ll admit, Nellie (my lab mix) helped me with this one! She said she is SOO over the top excited about The Frisky Biscuit.
- Neighbors - We have the BEST neighbors. I think it’s fair to say of those who live in GCP, (even if you don’t know very many people) we can all agree that the people we have met so far are truly nice! We wave at each other, stop and chat and are so friendly.
- Our Director of Fun!! Doris’ job is to make sure we have fun and get to know our neighbors!!! She plans 50 events a year. #micdrop And she is very good at what she does! Thank you, Doris!!!
Seriously, if you’re even remotely interested in any of the items on this top 10 list, then you’ve got to stop by the (temporary) sales center, today and see why the residents #iloveGCP. While you’re there, don’t forget to snap a picture on the giant swing!!!