April 28, 2019
Green living, what does that mean anyway. There are different ways that we can live green and reduce our imprint on the planet. To commemorate Earth Day, which was April 22nd, I thought I would share some simple ways to show our earth some love by living green. The good news is you don’t have to go too far, we can all start in our own backyard, Grand Central Park!
- This one is easy peasy, but if you are out and about and if you see trash - pick it up! When I’m running through the neighborhood and if I see a nail, I pick it up! I don’t want my neighbors to end up with a nail in their tire!
- Recycle! Yayaya! I love love love this one. It feels good to recycle. I’m grateful that the City of Conroe allows us to sort our trash by giving us a separate bin for recycling!
- Plant a new tree! Texas A&M Forest Service at William Goodridge Jones State Forest can advise with proper selection for your property! There is a lot of information on their website as well! https://tfsweb.tamu.edu/
- Get out and walk! Enjoy the outdoors and take in the beauty that’s all around us, especially in Grand Central Park at Deer Lake!
- Start a compost pile. Composting is a natural process of recycling organic material like leaves and vegetable scraps into a rich soil amendment that gardeners fondly nickname Black Gold. Here’s a great resource to help you get started: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/gardening/advice/a23945/start-composting/
- Reduce water waste by using less water and cutting back on bottled water purchases. Your wallet will thank you too!! :)
Together we can make an impact on Grand Central Park, our Community and our environment by making small changes! #goGreenLiving