February 26, 2020
I recently spoke with a family member who said one of his New Year's resolutions was to be more “positive” ….and then he said he blew it by January 3rd! We both got a good laugh out of that. Isn't it true!! One way to look at the bright side is to volunteer in our community. There are countless opportunities to lend a helping hand (((side note for Grand Central Park residents, our director of fun, Doris Hopper, loves it when people volunteer to help with her events. She is the bomb.com however she's no one woman show. She has a mini-tribe and you could be a part of the fun))).
Check out these great organizations that you could volunteer with and have your heart filled while you're filling someone else's.
● Assistance League of Montgomery County is a nonprofit group that donates apparel, home goods, food & more to benefit local charities and trains volunteers to assist in its thrift store in downtown Conroe.
● Breast Cancer Charities of America exists to eliminate breast cancer as a life-threatening illness and offers educational programs empowering female cancer survivors.
● CASA is a court-appointed organization advocating for abused and neglected children.
Advocates ensure children are helped through legal and social service and stay with each case until the child is placed in a safe, permanent home.
● The Education for Tomorrow Alliance connects business and education communities by hosting science and technology expositions and offers youth career preparation.
● Friends of Texas Wildlife supports the rehabilitation of native Texas wildlife and promotes coexistence of wildlife and people through education.
● Habitat for Humanity Montgomery County brings together volunteers and community
organizations to build and renovate simple, affordable homes for families in need.
● The Montgomery County Food Bank distributes more than 7 million pounds of food annually to low-income families living in Montgomery County.
● The Montgomery County Women’s Center’s mission is to lead the effort in preventing Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault through crisis intervention.
February, the month of love and kindness, is a great month to begin a new journey of volunteering in our community. I’ve shared a few ways to get involved, but you can also find many more great organizations to partner with by going to volunteermatch.org. Caring is sharing a helping hand!